Sunday, December 24, 2017

Orange & Pink Elephants

For most of 2017, I kept up pretty well with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. Until September.  Fall is always busy in my house and the rainbow elephants fell by the wayside.  The pattern I'm using is Elephant Parade by Lorna of Sew Fresh Quilts.

I got a little sewing time at the end the week and I spent some of it getting caught up. Here is the orange elephant family, originally meant to be September:


And here is my pink elephant family, meant to be completed in October:






Each color family has now been sewn into rows and 4 of those rows are sewn together.  Sadly, that's when I ran out of background fabric, so I am stalled until I can get some more Kona Fog.  I was at my LQS 2 weeks ago and they didn't have any so it's an online order for me. That means I won't actually finish my 2017 rainbow quilt in 2017 but this hopefully won't bleed too far into 2018.


5 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that you ran out of background fabric. Bummer!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very fun blocks! Love the pink elephants. Hopefully you'll be able to get your hands on some background fabric pretty quickly. My 2017 RSC quilt won't get done this year either, so you are in good company.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your elephants are adorable! You will be caught up in no time at all. Can't wait to see them all marching together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun to see these elephants! Life has a way of delaying quilting projects, but fabric is patient and waits for us. Looking forward to an elephant parade finish in 2018! Have a wonderful New Years weekend!

    ReplyDelete